Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez

Yon ayisyen ki ap viv Obrezil pòte flamm olenpik lan Manaus

AuteurMessage
Sasaye
Super Star
Super Star
Sasaye

Masculin
Opinion politique : Indépendance totale
Loisirs : Arts et Musique, Pale Ayisien

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Maestro

Yon ayisyen ki ap viv Obrezil pòte flamm olenpik lan Manaus Empty
MessageSujet: Yon ayisyen ki ap viv Obrezil pòte flamm olenpik lan Manaus   Yon ayisyen ki ap viv Obrezil pòte flamm olenpik lan Manaus EmptyMar 21 Juin 2016 - 10:40

Haitian who fled earthquake and made new life in Brazil carries Olympic Torch
20/06/2016 — 10H40

Abdias Dolce arrived in Manaus in 2010, one of more than 40,000 Haitians who have come to Brazil

Haitian who fled earthquake and made new life in Brazil carries Olympic Torch
Five years after leaving Haiti and beginning a new life in northern Brazil, Abdias Dolce carried the Olympic Torch through the streets of Manaus on Sunday (19 June).

Dolce said he was representing over 40,000 immigrants from Haiti who came to Brazil following the earthquake that devastated their home country in 2010.

“I feel at home in Manaus. The locals have welcomed me since I first arrived” Abdias Dolce Dolce has adapted well to life in this distant city which lies on the Amazon river in the midst of the tropical rainforest.

He has learnt Portuguese rapidly and has found it easy to settle into the Brazilian way of life; his three favourite things in his new country are carnival, football and country music.

"In the very first month I arrived I felt better than I did in Haiti," he said.
"People here have welcomed us very well." Dolce is just one of a large community of his countrymen and women who now live in Manaus.

Father Valdecy Molinari, the priest of a local church that helps immigrants, estimates that about 10,000 people from Haiti have passed through the city since 2010. Two thousand remain there, he says, while the others have travelled on to other parts of Brazil in search of employment.

The 19th-century opera house, made with marble from Italy and steel from Scotland, is the most celebrated landmark of Manaus (Photo: Rio 2016/André Luiz Mello) The church helped Dolce find one of his first jobs, working in a bureau de change. In his spare time, he is studying chemical engineering and also helps the church with new immigrants.  

Dolce's life has taken a turn for the better since the arrival of his long-term girlfriend from Haiti, Regenie Michel. One year ago the couple celebrated their wedding and they now have an infant son, Akeen George.

They have also opened a store which provides services to the city's immigrant community, such as international phone calls and internet access.

"Leaving Haiti was the best thing that I could have done in my life," Dolce says.

"I am able to work, study and help my mother and other members of my family." "This year I will complete my studies and I hope to find work in my area. I would like to bring my mother here to spend some time with me."

https://www.rio2016.com/en/news/haitian-earthquake-brazil-rio-2016-olympic-torch-manaus
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Yon ayisyen ki ap viv Obrezil pòte flamm olenpik lan Manaus
Page 1 sur 1