Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez

Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:

AuteurMessage
kami
animatrice
animatrice
kami

Féminin
Opinion politique : La séparation des pouvoirs
Loisirs : Lecture, Dormir

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: Empty
MessageSujet: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 8:46

Min yon let adrese a pep ayisyen an ke yon ansyen basketball player ki reli Paul Shirley ekri:

Dear Haitians -

First of all, kudos on developing the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Your commitment to human rights, infrastructure, and birth control should be applauded.

As we prepare to assist you in this difficult time, a polite request: If it's possible, could you not re-build your island home in the image of its predecessor? Could you not resort to the creation of flimsy shanty- and shack-towns? And could some of you maybe use a condom once in a while?

Sincerely,

The Rest of the World

"Ceux qui ont le pouvoir de faire le mal et qui savent ne pas le faire sont des Seigneurs" (Shakespeare)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
charlotin
Super Senior

Masculin
Loisirs : sports et musique

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 13:30

Atlèt profesyonel pa janm bezwen fatige yo pou yo jwenn groupies. Well, that the cupid dimension of the human being; where there's gold there must be stalkers and diggers.

As far as I know, the blacks in America used to live and some of them still live in filthy places that old system had designed for them.

Yeah Paul, tell us about Mummy Dear.

Dernière édition par charlotin le Mer 27 Jan 2010 - 15:09, édité 1 fois
kami
animatrice
animatrice
kami

Féminin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 14:31

Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: Paul-shirley-2-217x300

Paul Murphy Shirley (born December 23, 1977) is an American professional basketball player, most recently a member of Unicaja Málaga in the Spanish ACB. He is also a writer, with his primary focus on his basketball experiences.

He is the author of a blog for ESPN.com entitled "My So-Called Career". As of July 2008, it contained 56 column-length entries

Shirley's blogs contain observations on players, teams, fans, cities, sports media, cheerleaders, the game of basketball, and topics outside the athletic sphere. Shirley penned a long letter about Haiti and the consequences of its earthquake in January 2010, in which he seems to hold most Haitians accountable for the dire state of the nation. Shortly thereafter, ESPN cut ties with Shirley. The company's full statement: "He was a part-time freelance contributor. The views he expressed on another site of course do not at all reflect our company's views on the Haiti relief efforts. He will no longer contribute to ESPN."

"Ceux qui ont le pouvoir de faire le mal et qui savent ne pas le faire sont des Seigneurs" (Shakespeare)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 15:53

ala neg yo frekan sa...
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 15:56

Paul Shirley, whose brief NBA career included 18 games and 33 points with three teams over three seasons, is not in the giving mood. At least not when it comes to the people suffering in Haiti after an earthquake devastated the island nation on Jan. 12.

Shirley writes on flipcollective.com why he won't be joining the millions from around the globe sending money to support the Haitian relief efforts.

"I haven't donated a cent to the Haitian relief effort. And I probably will not.

"I haven't donated to the Haitian relief effort for the same reason that I don't give money to homeless men on the street. Based on past experiences, I don't think the guy with the sign that reads "Need You're Help" is going to do anything constructive with the dollar I might give him. If I use history as my guide, I don't think the people of Haiti will do much with my money either.

... Shouldn't much of the responsibility for the disaster lie with the victims of that disaster?"

Shirley, who played at Iowa State before his short NBA career with the Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls and Phoenix Suns, knows his opinion makes him part of a "miniscule minority."

He continued: "Shouldn't there be some discourse on how the millions of dollars that are being poured into Haiti will be spent? And at least a slight reprimand for the conditions prior to the earthquake? Some kind of inquisition? Something like this?:

Dear Haitians –

First of all, kudos on developing the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Your commitment to human rights, infrastructure, and birth control should be applauded.

As we prepare to assist you in this difficult time, a polite request: If it's possible, could you not re-build your island home in the image of its predecessor? Could you not resort to the creation of flimsy shanty- and shack-towns? And could some of you maybe use a condom once in a while?

Sincerely,

The Rest of the World

The essay, posted on the FlipCollective Web site on Tuesday, has already cost Shirley one job.

Shirley was fired from his freelance gig with ESPN on Wednesday.

In a brief statement announcing the firing, the cable sports giant wrote: "The views he expressed on another site of course do not at all reflect our company's views on the Haiti relief efforts. He will no longer contribute to ESPN."

The magnitude-7.0 earthquake killed as many as 200,000 people, leaving hundreds of thousands of survivors homeless, hungry and injured.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/01/27/2010-01-27_paul_shirley_haiti.html#ixzz0dqf2awqp

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/01/27/2010-01-27_paul_shirley_haiti.html#ixzz0dqf2awqp
charlotin
Super Senior

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 16:30

I don't think we should focus the debate on what that man thinks. Come on. I was just wondering what would prompt me to pay any heed to those comments. So many things have been said about Haiti. Did you know that all these events have contributed as well to racism towards the Haitian people?

Don't worry, he might be recruted in a few days by Fox News.
kami
animatrice
animatrice
kami

Féminin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyMer 27 Jan 2010 - 21:54

charlotin a écrit:
As far as I know, the blacks in America used to live and some of them still live in filthy places that old system had designed for them. .

Why are you putting Afro Americans down like that? What's that got to do with this article or Paul Shirley?

charlotin
Super Senior

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: EmptyJeu 28 Jan 2010 - 0:18

I have never put any people down. Never in my relatively young life. Too bad. I guess I am not a chameleon, I say things as they are no matter the circumstances. What that man said reflects his perception of the black folks at home. I'm not inventing anything. Katrina is still fresh in our memory. For a developped country... That man speaks like there is no more shanty and shack-towns in the USA.

Nostalgia should get a life as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait for the forum to get its "groove" back - prior to the events in Haiti. Bring back the "nat pise".

I guess some people are right, it's time to switch to platitude. Finally we agree upon one thing, don't we? I am kind of fed up with this crisis that was apparently designed to feed the corrupted western medias.

Mwen leve lankr. I'm not interested in the next chapter. The zombies are soon out of the bunker upon their master's call. The SS are coming... back.

Good bye P.Y.T. (lol)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:   Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou: Empty

Min yon let ke Paul Shirley ekri nou:
Page 1 sur 1