Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  ÉvènementsÉvènements  PublicationsPublications  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

The new goal of the african diaspora

AuteurMessage
Le gros roseau
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : sport ,internet,stock market

The new goal of the african diaspora Empty
MessageSujet: The new goal of the african diaspora   The new goal of the african diaspora EmptySam 18 Aoû 2012 - 14:13

People,it is time to think big like Oprah Winfrey, Mark Zuckerman, Ted Turner,Warren Buffet,Bill Gates and his wife,Georges Soros etc .I am not talking about these people because they are rich,but rather because of what they accomplish considering where they came from.

A few years ago I read a book written by a very successful black man :"Why the white man should have all the fun"He was a very rich black man ,I used the past tense here because he is no longer with us, but he didn't write the book to talk about his money.He wrote it to incite us to take chances;to prepare ourselves to assume bigger roles in life.His book shows that sometimes we put limitations on ourselves because we are satisfied with too small objectives.This is why I also I appreciate President Obama's book :"The audacity of hope".We can do whatever we put our mind to it;we must want more not for selfish reasons ,but to help our brothers and sisters ,and humanity in general. ...

The reason why I am writing this piece this afternoon is because of an expereince I witnessed yesterday afternoon:Two technicians came to my house to change the cooling system:One was white and the other one is a young, vigorous and very respectful black man.I stayed the all 6 hours in the garage to watch him work;not only he worked relentlessly to finish the job so we can get a relief from the heat ,but his craftmanship was admirable. I was thinking :This young black man knows perharps more than the owner of this company he is working for;why can't he own his own company .?I am sure his sons can be Manager , accountant of his company.Why then does he have to work for somebody lese who is paying him a meager salary?

It is no longer suffice for us to have a BS, an MBA ,and a PHD;we must think bigger.Why can't we have a restaurant chain,an airline company like delta.A utility company like Duke, Con Edison,an healthcare company like health south;.a food company like Tyson food, delmonte, Craft,Mosanto etc a pharmacy chain like Walgreen ?Many african countries have their own airlines.According to statistiks the GNP or PNB whatever we call it ,of the african american community is more than those of many african countries.Why do we have so many black young people in jail ,and unemployed? I think the answer to this question is a lack of good education,and a lack of desire to succeed.We are distracted too much by trivialities.It is time for us to claim a bigger piece of the pie.Ant the only way we will have it is by creating our own business.We must create our own banks in our communities,in order to obtain the credit that we need when we want to open our own businesses.
See More
LikeUnlike · · 35 minutes ago ·
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The new goal of the african diaspora
Page 1 sur 1