Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  ÉvènementsÉvènements  PublicationsPublications  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ASOS : -20% sur TOUT dès 30€ d’achat
Voir le deal

Corruption in the american political system.

AuteurMessage
Le gros roseau
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : sport ,internet,stock market

Corruption in the american political system. Empty
MessageSujet: Corruption in the american political system.   Corruption in the american political system. EmptyJeu 16 Mai 2013 - 8:29

This morning I had two dilemmas:The first one is to choose a title for this piece because I have a choice between "the efficiency or lack of of the american government" and "Corruption in the american political system.The second dilemma is in what language should I write it .I decide to write it in english depsite the objection of a "friend " who said last week :Nowadays when a haitian wants to show off he or she writes in english.I wrote this piece in english not to show off,but rather to facilitate the understanding of some people who are important to me.

Since my early childhood I was impressed by this statement written by the french author Jean de la Fontaine:"Selon que vous serez puissant ou misérable les jugements des cours vous rendront blanc ou noir"Wheteher you are powerful or miserable the verdicts of the court will make you white or black,my translation.Why do i mention this statement ?Because very often I read in the reports of Amnesty international or some other international organisations that haiti is the most corrupt country in the world .But these organisations never mentionned the United Sates.

Is it because corruption is legalized in the United States by the U.S.Supreme Court?I know some people will object to the use of the word" legalized" but when one considers the recent decision of the U.S.Supreme Court to allow corporations to contribute whatever amount of money they want to the political capmpaigns of politicians who seek to represent the people in the U.S. government isn't it really the legalisation of corruption in the political system?

When we're witnessing the influence of the NRA in the Congress of the United States doesn't it constitute a form of corruption.The influence of money in the political system of government in the U.S is so tolerated by the citizens that Donald Trump was not ashamed to offer President Obama 5 million dollars to abandon the presidential race last year.As a matter of fact he said :The presidnet didn't accpet his offer because he was not born and raised in the U.S.During a dinner in Washington the president jockingly said:Imagine a guy spent 100 millions dollars to defeat my campaign.He should have contacted me I would give him a better deal;Michellle would accept that deal.

The influence of money is so great in the american political system that Baby Doc once said : My father used to contribute to the political campaigns of some very influential american Senators to show the hypocrisy of those who are criticising him for corruption.The Senate of the United States can not even vote on a piece of legislation to control dangerous weapons in the hands of some sick people who are killing the children in the schools despite the high percentage of americans who request the voting of such a law . The Senators are too afraid of the NRA(The National Rifle Association).

The Ex Security Adviser to President Carter said recently " Americans should turn their tongues in their mouths before they criticise other countries' government for corruption considering the number of corrupt politicians they have in their government.Wasn't he right?Really should americans criticise othe countries ' governments for corruption when they can not clean their own government?

Very often haitians are amazed and surprised for the help the U.S government gives to corrupt haitian governments.Should they really?Can't they understand this corruption is legal in the United States.Why do they think Bill Clinton said :I never see a haitian President who knows what he wants as President Martelly.Martelly is the kind of politician that the american officials like in haiti and in the third world countries.Being corrupt they can not be nationalist.It is easier to corrupt Martelly than Aristide or Myrlande Manigat for example.That corruption in the U"S.explained why the Duvaliers lasted for so long in Haiti and Aristide can not finish one mandate.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Corruption in the american political system.
Page 1 sur 1