Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  ÉvènementsÉvènements  PublicationsPublications  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Roborock S7 Aspirateur Robot en promo chez Cdiscount
509 € 599 €
Voir le deal

The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star
Rodlam Sans Malice

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. Empty
MessageSujet: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyLun 4 Juin 2007 - 17:05

Reading the eulogies of Rev. Falwell by two influential black men of the African American Community:Messrs Armstrong Williams and Clarence Page ;I wonder who is right ;is Rev.Falwell the rare man ;the just man of courage eulogized by My. Armastrong or was he the intolerant human being that Mr. Clarence Page so aptly describes in his piece?

It would be useful for the participants of this forum who are not familiar with the deceased to have an idea for what He stands for.Rev Falwell is an archi conservatist who said that South African Bishop Desmond Tutu is a phony as far as representing the black people of South Africa.He thinks that Mohamed was a trrrorist.He is the founder of the so called moral majority of the United States.He said after the Sept 11 terrorist attacks that the "the abortionists have ought to bear some burden for this ,because God will not be mocked.'If I understand correctly the terrorists are not guilty because they were acting under god's guidance.

Yet this is this nonsensical man that Armstrong Williams has the audacity to presnt in his piece as a visionnary, a man who,from time to time, has to apologize for his offenses toward feminists , gay people, black people,even his own conservatists followers .He even blame gays for the terrorist attacks.Armstrong Williams said:"Rev. Falwell was a leading and motivating force of Christianity and exemplifies Christ's teachings about walking humbly before men.Falwell was a humble man?The feminists ,the gays ,the blacks are not sons and daughters of God then.

One must wonder how two influential , well educated black men can come to such different appreciation of a whte man's life.To answer such a difficult question one has to understand that our perception of certain things in life depends to a great extent to our experiences,our faculties to go beyond the scripts or the images projected in front of us,for there are false prophets ,wolves desguised in sheep's clothings in our midst.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Joel
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Histoire

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Le patriote

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyLun 4 Juin 2007 - 19:41

Pou m fè Thunder plezi,m ap ekri an Kreyòl.

San Malis,

Ou gen dwa mete Armstrong Williams ,nan menm kategori ke malpouwont Ayisyen ki kolabore ak de pwisans ostil pou destabilize peyi dorijin nou an.

Mete Stanley Lucas nan plas Armstrong Williams,li t ap aji menm jan.
Vakabon ki rele Armstrong Williams se te manm staff Senatè South Carolina a,gwo segregasyonis devan letènèl.
Se te nonm ki te mouri ak 100 an,non misye echape pou le moman..
Pa bliye San Malis ,ke te gen nwa ki t ap konbat nan ran rebèl yo,pandan gè sesesyon an 1861-1865.

Te gen nwa tou ki te konbatan nan ran angle yo,menm jan ke te genyen ki te konbatan nan twoup Washington yo.

Te gen yon òganizasyon pandan kanpay dwa sivik yo ,se te Eta Mississipi an ki te mete l sou pye .Oganizasyon sa a te gen nwa li te mete pou enfiltre gwoup dwa sivik e fè espyonaj pou yo.

Wi San Malis ,
Armstrong Williams se yon vakabon rekoni.Se yon vakabon menm jan ak vakabon nou genyen ayiti yo.Pa bliye vakabon pa nou yo sanse byen edike tou!
OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyLun 4 Juin 2007 - 20:08

for Armstrong, if you are a christian crusader, he will support you. if you are against Gay Marriage, then you are Armstrong's man.
eventhough I disagree with many of his political ideologies, I would not call Armstrong an uncle tom because he has fought his own battle against racism; he is extremely consevative and he is what one would call a male chauvinist-traditionalist who takes the bible literally.
sans malice, I do not believe that all black conservatives are uncle toms. it is a misconception in the black community that black conservaties are the tools of white supremacists.
I personally do not like falwel because he was a very, IN MY personal views, a dangerous man with a potentially disastrous religious zeal; however, i respect armstrong's right to eulogize him in positive terms. after all, armstrong is a religious crusader himself; in that regard, he has had more in common with farrell than he would have with us on the basis of skin color.
sometimes, a man's cultural and religious values are more important to him than racial solidarity.
I am looking forward to a world where racism is so minimal( preferably non-existent) when such eulogies from a black man do no longer make news).
I do not like fallwell, but I think that one black man has a right to eulogize him in positive terms. IT depended on that black man's personal experience with falwell
OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyLun 4 Juin 2007 - 20:12

history is full of inviduals who reject racial solidarity in favor of their personal opinions and philosophy.
for example, john brown was a white southerner who was willing to kill many white enslavers in order to free black slaves.
a world where everything is done on the basis of racial solidarity would certainly be a very bad world.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star
Rodlam Sans Malice

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyLun 4 Juin 2007 - 20:34

Keen

Your obeservation is not very keen;I am disappointed.Yes .one should not speak ill of the dead, but your rationalization of Williams Armstrong's eulogy of Rev Fallwell does not convince me that his values should be appraised by an educated black man.

If we should applaud the intolerances,the hypocrisy of white men like Rev Fallwell; then there is no need to glorify Martin Luther king,Roy Wilkens, Malcom X, and all those who fought for our emancipation and freedom.It is not because history is full of men and women who reject racial solidarity in favor of their personal opinion that we should applaud or glorify those fo us who, for the right to receive the approbation of some white preacher,blame the victims instead of joining the fight of the oppressed.

"Change occurs when the victims rise up and demand change"Rev Jesse jackson.

It will not occur by glorifyng those who denigrate our leaders .Those in the name of God condemned certain behaviours that they do not understand.Is the daughter of the Vice president of the United States responsible for the barbaric acts of 9-11?God is a god of mercy,compassion ,and love, not a god of hatred.
OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyMar 5 Juin 2007 - 11:09

have you read the part where i have emphasized my disagreement with both of them?
OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyMar 5 Juin 2007 - 11:45

what you have not recognized is that armstrong has been a disciple of falwell. Armstrong has been in the conservative religious right since college. Armstrong has been member of every conservative group that we can name in America.
in other words, Armstrong values his politico-religious ideology more than racial solidarity.
this is what armstrong has said and I agree with him in this one sentence alone: racial solidarity is not the monopoly of liberals. despite my liberalism, I agree with that statement!!!!
armstrong probabably agrees with fallwel 90% of the times; so it is not odd at all that armstrong eulogizes fallwel in positive terms.
your arguments that he is an educated black man, and that he should know better is quite moot. why? because armstrong's education is conservative to the core as I have mentioned earlier.
in fact, i would be shocked if Armstrong had not had eulogized fallwel in positive terms for that would be in total contrast to his core religious and ideological experience.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star
Rodlam Sans Malice

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. EmptyMar 5 Juin 2007 - 20:22

keen

Armstrong can say whatever he wants about racial solidarity ,but his acts do not prove that he is for social justice in this country.I consider Armstrong's speeches the same as Geoges Bush's speeches about social justice and compassionate conservatism;yet he(Georges Busgh) had cut the budget for Education,it took him an eternity to help the Katrina Victims.For more then 10 years the minimum wage was not increased despite the high rate of inflation.Old people do not have the money to buy their medecines ;more than 4 millions children in this country are without health insurance.;the education system is a disgrace.Does Armstrong think about the consequences of his endorsement of the ultra conservatists' agenda of the Republican party over the poors of this country?I do not value a man by his speeches ,but by his acts.

I do not blame Armstrong for eulogizing Rev Fallwell .My goal was to show the contrast of the perceptions of the two gentlemen . I disagree with Mr.Armstrong's politics, but I recognize his right to appreciate whomever he likes.That doesn't mean I will follow his path.;Hell no.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.   The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man. Empty

The contrast of two black men perceptions of a white man.
Page 1 sur 1