Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  ÉvènementsÉvènements  PublicationsPublications  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -60%
Red Dead Redemption 2 – PS4 ou Xbox One
Voir le deal
15.99 €

Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Sasaye
Super Star
Super Star
Sasaye

Masculin
Opinion politique : Indépendance totale
Loisirs : Arts et Musique, Pale Ayisien

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Maestro

Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. Empty
MessageSujet: Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.   Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. EmptySam 1 Déc 2007 - 15:26

Reprinted from Caribbean Net News

Commentary: Haiti notebook
Published on Thursday, November 29, 2007

By Jean H Charles

Globalisation has arrived in Haiti with a vengeance. At each corner, one can find an internet café which is a mixture of internet navigation, printing and photocopy business as well as a small restaurant. A brisk business is being conducted under that triangle.

With schools and universities everywhere, the photocopy machine runs without stop. I try to eavesdrop on the young Haitian ladies who visit mostly the single websites. I have heard of stories of lonely hearts in far distant lands who wire money and invitation letters to these young women eager to visit and settle beyond the confined borders of Haiti.
On the other side, with or without the net;
Haiti has a large surplus of young and refined black males with professional degrees but without jobs. In a world, where the black ladies of the United States and beyond, often complain of insufficient stock of available black males! Beware!

Taking a bus (for 10 cents) from Port au Prince (the capital) to the mountain suburb of Petionville, one is surprised to see a gentleman or a lady stand up to start preaching to a captive audience. After the brief sermon, the preacher is soon transformed into a salesperson, selling cosmetics and organic health products. The pitch is filled with humour and lifestyle advice. Business is brisk. I guess one man's day's work can take several formats or shapes.

Glancing outside the bus, you are mesmerised by the moving art gallery with excellent paintings next to some mediocre ones hanging on the fences all through the road. You wish there was some sightseeing stops to contemplate the panorama made of the real and the visual all mixed together.

Haiti has more artists per capita than any other country of the world. In a country in full control of its development, some of these pieces of art could easily command the million dollars price. But according to a well known art dealer in New York, the value of each country's art stock is commensurate to its standing in economic indices in the international world.

Luckily some Haitian art connoisseurs are snapping fast the best in Haitian art for their own personal collection, betting on a Haiti that will one day in the position of inviting the Sotheby's and the Christie’s for an international art auction in Port au Prince. The art lovers of Asia, Europe and America would leave the country with pieces that rival the Chagalls and the Baskiat in a land where magic is almost a reality.

Copyright© 2007 Caribbean Net News at [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien] All Rights Reserved
Licence is granted for free print and distribution.[/size]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star
Rodlam Sans Malice

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

MessageSujet: Re: Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.   Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. EmptySam 1 Déc 2007 - 17:25

This is one of the reasons that I wish that kidnaping stops in haiti so I can go and buy some pictures of Nènè Exume and Me Vincent, my old art teacher in Cap haitian.Even before i knew anything about haitian art I used to admire his paintings at his studio. They do not talk about our culture .but they talk about political instability ,poverty and diseases as if there were no poverty,diseases and crimes in their own countries.

Dernière édition par le Sam 1 Déc 2007 - 18:17, édité 1 fois
Joel
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Histoire

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Le patriote

MessageSujet: Re: Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.   Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. EmptySam 1 Déc 2007 - 18:14

Se gwo pwoblèm wi?

Caribean Net News ap ekri de atik sou Ayiti ,ki bay moun ki ap li atik sa yo anvi pou yo ale ann Ayiti,tandiske ògàn de près ayisyen ki sou net lan pa pase yon jou pou yo pa pale de kidnaping,ensekirite elatriye.

A la traka!
Sasaye
Super Star
Super Star
Sasaye

Masculin
Opinion politique : Indépendance totale
Loisirs : Arts et Musique, Pale Ayisien

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Maestro

MessageSujet: Re: Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.   Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. EmptySam 1 Déc 2007 - 20:01

Joel,

Kom nou te deja wè.

Pi gwo defansè Ayiti avèk Ayisyen se John Maxwell avèk Tabo Mbeki.

Mesye sayo rekonèt valè aksyon zansèt nou yo e konsekans yo sou peyi desandan afriken.

Yo rekonèt valè Ayiti pi byen pase Ayisyen paske yo pa gen linèt prejije lan je yo pou fè diferans ant Aysyen ki bon e sak pa bon.

Yo wè yon nasyon de nèg fyè e vanyan.

Isit lan Vancouvè, mwen rankontre yon Trinidadyen ki di m mem bagay la lè m di l mwen se Ayisyen.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.   Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti. Empty

Autre visage d'Haiti ou.... Other face of Haiti.
Page 1 sur 1