Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FOROM AYITI : Tèt Ansanm Pou'n Chanje Ayiti.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  PortailPortail  ÉvènementsÉvènements  PublicationsPublications  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
JBL Xtreme 2 – Enceinte Bluetooth portable
Voir le deal
149.99 €

Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Mawon Rcfranc
Star
Star
Mawon Rcfranc

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive Empty
MessageSujet: Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive   Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive EmptyMar 22 Juil 2008 - 15:27

Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — - Haitians facing widespread unemployment or a minimum wage of less than $2 a day are turning to the junk that litters the streets for survival.

Thousands of Haitians amass and haul scrap metal, plastic bottles, even abandoned cars to recycling plants such as GS Industries SA, one of the capital city's largest, where they are melted and exported to countries throughout the Americas and Asia.

Delicame Giles, 56, collects discarded plastic bottles that flow with the rain through an open canal, earning about $8 a week. She has no other means of support. Her husband is dead, and her children are unemployed.

"I have been doing this work for one year," Giles said. "I wouldn't do it, but life is so hard, I'm forced to. Sometimes I sit here with my eyeballs popping out. I feel like they're going to pop out of my head, I'm so hungry.
GS Industries manager Stephane Sajous says recycling in Haiti serves two purposes: cleaning the countryside and creating raw materials for the rest of the world.

http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc-haiti0722.artjul22,0,7454112.story?track=rss
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star
Rodlam Sans Malice

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive   Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive EmptyMar 22 Juil 2008 - 15:54

Good news ,but why can't we do the same thing with our garbages that the city of Piladelphia is doing with its trash:to fuel its power plant?Is it science fiction or reality?Where are our Chemical Engineers?What are they doing?

I do not understand this:haitians are saying they know,they are "intelllectuals",but they can not take care of the garbages in the street.;they can not feed their people.What is the meaning of this word :"intellectual";doesn't it mean someone with intelligence? Isn't it time they shut up and put their intellect to work for the well being of their sisters and brothers instead of comploting to overthrow the elected government by the people in order for them to steal the money of the treasury.

It is revolting to watch on TV and listen to the radios the conditions of living of the majority of haitians in the 21 st century ,two centuries after the independance of the first black republic in the new world.I am tired and ashamed to see this poverty in all african and carribean countries.Isn't it time we start asking ourselves what are we doing to alleviate the situation of the people who are living with less than 2 dollars a day.A child can not live with less than 2 dollars a ay and yet a family in haiti must live with les than 2 dollars a day.And yet you find some ignoramuses who are taking the land from the peasants to give it to corporations so they can make the peasants work in sweat shops for less than 2 dollars a day.shame on them .
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Haitians Living On $2 A Day Recycle To Survive
Page 1 sur 1